SAIC is seeking an Acquisition Engineer to fill a critical position on the Landmark AOS program. The position provides program management and acquisition support to manage end-to-end closure for the Government in the Integrated Intelligence Program Office, and will be located in Chantilly, VA. All candidates must have an active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph.
Landmark AOS is a large SETA contract, supporting the customer’s Ground Enterprise Directorate (GED), responsible for the acquisition of systems over the complete end-to-end life cycle.
This position will provide specialized expertise supporting the acquisition of multi-intelligence (multi-INT) software services. SAIC’s client is tasked with leading the integration of mission focused tools to foster increased efficiency, automation and information sharing. In this role the qualified candidate will assist and advise Government managers responsible for acquisition and operation of a variety of Cloud-based developments.
- Provide program management and technical engineering support to the Government customer to manage multi-INT machine learning analytics programs; evaluate cost, performance, schedule and risks throughout the program life-cycle
- Provide program management analysis and documentation supporting engagements with developers, including developing technical roadmaps and the acquisition strategies/documentation to implement them.
- Provide technical expertise to support the planning of future systems and architectures, and oversight of development contractors
- Lead technical and programmatic interchanges; identify and resolve issues; and provide engineering and technical advice to the customer to achieve innovative capabilities for automated multi-INT collection orchestration and sensemaking.
- Derive enterprise, system, functional, performance, and interface level requirements and work with the team to develop the corresponding documentation
- Apply systems analysis and design methodology assessments to identify technical debt, architectural runway and efficiency trade-offs against current and proposed/desired cloud-based software system design
- Support agile process evolution across Government teams, development contractors, user engagement teams, and stakeholders
You will work side-by-side with the other Landmark AOS staff comprised of world class System Engineers, Acquisition Engineers and Domain Experts to lead the customer in acquiring modern processing applications.
- Active Top Secret Clearance with Polygraph
- Bachelor degree in business, engineering, science, or related discipline and 2 year total experience (or an MS degree)
- Expertise and experience with the IC acquisition cycle, requirements processes, budgetary practices, and acquisition documentation
- Knowledge related to managing technical, cost and schedule performance of software development programs
- Engineering background with knowledge of cloud software architectures
- Demonstrated capability and success working in team environments
- Strong oral and written communications ability on significant technical matters often requiring coordination within a high-tempo environment
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Experience in Dev/Sec/Ops delivery of software capabilities for AWS/C2S optimized environments
- Understanding of monitoring developer progress via agile metrics, identifying risks, discrepancies, and performance issues
- Certification in agile software development methods (Scrum, SAFe)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) certification
- Project Management certification (CAPM, PMP, DAWIA or equivalent)
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.