Job Requisition: 49
Location: Richmond, BC
Category: Other - Other
Updated: 5 months ago
It's an exciting time to work at Cisco. Every day we connect people to the network and make it come to life. The Cisco Consumer Products Group sells home networking and networked entertainment products and services under the Cisco, Linksys, Linksys by Cisco, and Flip Video family names. Cisco products enable people to live a connected life that is more personal, more social, and more visual.
The challenges involved in developing a simple, intuitive, high-quality product include the entire hardware and software ecosystem which comprises the Cisco Consumer experience. Our software vision is all about making these experiences as easy and as powerful as possible.
The ideal candidate is an independent, self-motivated, creative professional, capable of adapting quickly to a fast-paced environment and has significant product management experience in online and/or software applications, excellent communication skills, a strong intuitive sense of mass-market customer needs, and experience leading teams of product managers. This is an opportunity to join our passionate, talented and growing software team in downtown Seattle.
Key responsibilities of the position
- Define product plans based on high-level product strategy, roadmap and business requirements
- Synthesize cross-functional input to identify tradeoffs and make recommendations, balancing capabilities, constraints and priorities
- Define detailed product requirements to guide development teams in feature design, implementation and delivery, across the product lifecycle
- Work closely with development and quality assurance teams to detail features and design capabilities around an iterative functional release schedule
- Provide feature clarification throughout the development cycle, refining features as necessary
- Review milestone releases against product definition, resolving issues affecting expectations and providing direction on definition uncertainties
A strong candidate for this role will match many of these criteria
- 10+ years successful, large-scale product management experience of consumer-targeted, technical products
- 10+ years experience working closely with interdepartmental teams, including engineering, product marketing, operations, customer service and business development
- 5+ years of leading teams of product managers
- Excellence in the creation of product requirement documents, detailing comprehensive product and feature definitions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the capability to extract the core essence out of complex scenarios
- High standards for your work and the work of others, focused on the details yet able to keep the bigger picture in mind
- Talent for motivating and leading teams of passionate people, inspiring confidence in a vision and strategy along the w